Britain's biggest retailer, Tesco, is facing the country's largest ever equal pay claim and apossible compensation bill of up to four billion pounds ($5.6bn). In addition to being the biggestretailer, Tesco is also the largest private sector employer with a staff of over 310,000. Thousandsof Tesco's workers, mainly female, are looking for compensation from the company for whatthey consider unequal pay.
Law firm Leigh Day recently confirmed this allegation, saying that thousands of Tescoemployees working in its predominately male-dominated distribution centres are paid muchmore ($15.40 an hour, or more) than the largely female-staffed Tesco stores ($11.12 an hour).The law firm also stated that it had begun filing claims with the employee conciliation service,Acas, on behalf of 100 women. However, they revealed that the firm expects to eventuallyrepresent more than 200,000 Tesco workers.
Paula Lee of Leigh Day shared the firm's opinion on the issue, 'We believe an inherent bias hasallowed store workers to be underpaid for many years.'
She went on to say, 'In terms of equal worth to the company there really should be no argumentthat workers in stores, compared to those working in distribution centres, contribute at least equalvalue to the vast profits made by Tesco.'
What has Tesco's response been? 'We are unable to comment on a claim that we have notreceived,' said a Tesco spokesman.
He went on to say that 'Tesco has always been a place for people to get on in their career,regardless of their gender, background or education, and we work hard to make sure all ourcolleagues are paid fairly and equally for the jobs they do.'
Improving Employee EngagementAccording to Forbes, 2018 will be the year of the employee experience. In fact, Forbescontributor describes employee experience as the next competitive frontier, and that it will be thenext priority for many organizations. What does employee experience mean? And how can yourbusiness strengthen the experience of its employees?
Employee experience is the sum of everything he or she experiences throughout their connectionwith your business. It includes every employee interaction, from the first contact as a potentialrecruit to the last interaction at the end of employment. In prioritizing the employee experience,your business will positively impact performance in other areas as well.
If your business needs payment processing services, helpful information and tips, and/or support,consider sagepay review via Best Payment Providers. You can not only secure the services youneed to provide the best payment options available for your customers, but you can also findother helpful tips on improving the overall customer and employee experience.
A deeper dive into bestpaymentproviders.co.uk
Common questions asked about bestpaymentproviders.co.uk:
1. What services does BestPaymentProviders offer?BestPaymentProviders offers a wide range of services including Risk Professional Service, Medical Service, POS Systems, Alternative Payments, eWallet Solutions, Crypto Exchanges, Bank Transfers, and more. They specialize in providing payment solutions for high-risk industries such as adult merchants, CBD merchants, MLM merchants, online gambling merchants, and tech support merchants. They also offer services for travel merchants, ensuring that businesses in various industries can find suitable payment solutions through their platform.
2. Are my funds safe with BestPaymentProviders?Yes, BestPaymentProviders prioritizes the safety of their clients' funds. They offer safeguarded funds solutions, ensuring that your money is protected and secure. Additionally, they comply with regulatory technologies (Reg Tech) and PCI compliance standards, further enhancing the security of your transactions. With their expertise in high-risk industries, they understand the importance of safeguarding funds and take necessary measures to provide a secure payment environment for their clients.
3. Does BestPaymentProviders support alternative payment methods?Yes, BestPaymentProviders supports alternative payment methods. They offer alternative payment solutions in the EU, allowing businesses to cater to customers who prefer non-traditional payment options. Whether it's eWallet solutions or bank transfers, BestPaymentProviders ensures that businesses have access to a variety of payment methods to meet the diverse needs of their customers.
4. Can BestPaymentProviders assist with GDPR compliance?Yes, BestPaymentProviders can assist businesses with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) compliance. They understand the importance of data privacy and protection, especially in the digital payment landscape. By partnering with BestPaymentProviders, businesses can ensure that their payment processes align with GDPR requirements, safeguarding customer data and maintaining compliance with relevant regulations.
5. How can I get started with BestPaymentProviders?Getting started with BestPaymentProviders is easy. Simply visit their website and choose the service that best suits your business needs. They offer a comprehensive list of supported high-risk industries, allowing you to select the relevant category. Once you've chosen your desired service, you can contact BestPaymentProviders to discuss your specific requirements and begin the process of setting up your payment solutions. Their team of experts will guide you through the onboarding process and ensure a smooth transition to their payment platform.
Some reasons to choose bestpaymentproviders.co.uk
Selling Point 1: High-Quality ProductsThe company offers a wide range of high-quality products that are designed to meet the needs and preferences of their customers. These products are made with top-notch materials and undergo rigorous quality control processes to ensure durability and customer satisfaction.
Selling Point 2: Competitive PricingCustomers can enjoy competitive pricing on the company's products, making them affordable and accessible to a wide range of consumers. Despite the high quality of their products, the company strives to offer competitive prices to provide value for money to their customers.
Selling Point 3: Excellent Customer ServiceThe company prides itself on providing excellent customer service to ensure a positive shopping experience for their customers. Their dedicated customer service team is readily available to assist with any inquiries, provide product recommendations, and address any concerns or issues that may arise.
Selling Point 4: Wide Product SelectionWith a wide product selection, the company caters to various customer preferences and needs. Whether customers are looking for specific features, styles, or sizes, they can find a suitable product from the company's extensive range of options.
Selling Point 5: Fast and Reliable ShippingThe company offers fast and reliable shipping services, ensuring that customers receive their orders in a timely manner. They prioritize efficient order processing and work with trusted shipping partners to ensure that products are delivered safely and promptly to their customers' doorsteps.
Website providing information regarding online payment providers. Website includes payment provider reviews, blog, contact form.
Profile page views
Today (so far)
More page view stats
Latest blog entry
Itís Growth and More Growth for Mobile Payments, Stats Show
published on 27 September 2022
Key pages found
Site last visited by us on...
17 February 2024
Average page load time
Snapshots of bestpaymentproviders.co.uk may include domain name holding pages