The Dos and Don'ts of Choosing a B2B Ecommerce Solution
submitted on 29 March 2021
Today, going online is considered the ideal solution for any businesses that want to increase their reach. Even for business-to-business transactions such as those involving distributors and wholesalers, a shift to ecommerce is inevitable. But jumping onto the ecommerce bandwagon involves more than implementing software or a platform for online order fulfilment. Itís critical to have a plan and put in place strategies that will ensure that the new platform will either preserve or improve the customer experience.
One critical decision a business needs to make is choosing the right ecommerce platform. Distributors and wholesalers can choose from different types of B2B ecommerce software solutions. Letís take a look at the dos and doníts of choosing an B2B ecommerce platform.
The dos of selecting a B2B ecommerce solution
A lot of eCommerce solutions in the B2B space were adapted from versions originally designed for B2C, so our top tip is to consider a provider like b2b.store who offer an eCommerce platform built from the ground up for the B2B world specifically.
In general though, the following tips can serve as a guide in ensuring that you get the best value out of this resource.
● There are costs associated with implementing an ecommerce platform. Before choosing a solution, the provider needs to be transparent in declaring all costs associated, whether direct or indirect.
● Implementing new technology will require the business to provide tools and other resources. Make sure that your company knows what these tools are so that you can maximise the efficiency of running the program.
● Ecommerce platforms need to be SEO-friendly. It should allow for seamless integration and tracking in relation to marketing strategies and goals you have for the business.
● Itís also critical to consider whether the provider can offer a mobile app version of the platform. If not, then the desktop version should at least be mobile-friendly.
● Security and safety of your consumers should be a paramount consideration. Since these are B2B clients, your customers need assurance that their information is protected and secure.
Most importantly, the ecommerce solution should be scalable. Growth is an evident goal for any business. The long-term value and viability of any tech resource depend on how efficiently it can scale up as your business needs increase.
The doníts of choosing a B2B ecommerce platform
Now that you know what needs to be done when choosing a provider, itís also essential to understand the things you need to avoid.
● First, any business shifting to ecommerce should always fulfil any promises made to clients. Shifting to ecommerce will involve issues and challenges along the way, but whatís important is your commitment to guarantee exceptional customer service.
● Donít rush the implementation because it could lead to problems along the way. After you choose a solution or a provider, you need to cover all areas and ensure that your team is prepared to take on a new challenge.
Implementing a new business model, especially ecommerce is a massive step for a business-to-business operation. But, with the right tools, a reliable solutions provider, and the proper mindset from the organisation, it can be a highly successful undertaking.